What other Sites don't tell you:
Many sites sell different Unlock SIMS to unlock the 3G iPhone . We have tested nearly all of these solutions and found many problems. We have tested 28 different hard and software unlock solutions that we purchased online ( via Website / Craiglist / Wholesale sources) for over 8 weeks, and found only one Unlock solution that meets our quality standards.Here is what these sites don't tell you:
- Difficult instructions:Some unlock solutions actually DO work, but most of them are very hard to apply, even for an experienced user! Some of the solutions we have seen took over 50 different steps to finally get the phone unlocked. Even our experienced technical team had problems applying some of the complicated unlocks. Our unlock solution has been build with usability in mind, so that even a novice user will be able to unlock the iPhone easy simple and safe within a few simple steps.
- Temporary Unlocks:Some unlocks work only temporary. After you shut down your iPhone the unlock needs to be applied again before you can use the phone. Our unlock solution is a permanent unlock. You can restart your iPhone without any problems. Your iPhone will stay fully unlocked with all features working.
- Signal Loss:Many Unlock solutions ( like sim adapters & proxy sims) work fine initially, but when changing location ( thus switching cell towers) their signal drops.
- Only partially working:Many solutions only work partially. We have seen unlock solutions that work fine for outgoing calls/SMS, but they cannot receive any calls or text messages. Others have incoming and outgoing calls working ok, but they cannot access the Internet/ YouTube and Maps are not working. The overall problem with most cards is that they lose signal constantly so you have to reboot the phone all the time to get service.
- Damaged Phones:Some software can permanently damage your iPhone! Be careful with what you load onto your iPhone. Our repair team sees an increased number of iPhones lately. In 99% of the cases we are able to repair them, but its better to prevent this damage by choosing the correct unlock solution.
- Banned by Carrier:Some SIM solutions make use of a pre-defined IMEI/IMSI number. This a unique identification number for each phone. If a carrier notices several phones with the same IMEI/IMSI number, they will simply block the service for that number. They simply ban duplicate IMEI/IMSI from their network, leaving you with a useless (expensive) Subscription.
Don't take our word for itDo a search on the well known iPhone Unlocking forums, and find out for yourself that MANY people have problems with the cheap unlock solutions being sold over the net.
Separate the Good from the badLately we are seeing many new iPhone unlock sites arising on the net, we are receiving an increase of complaints from people who buy an unlocking solution from some of these sites. Most complain about difficult unlocking procedures, or badly documented software. Others complain about the lack of support, services just taking their money without delivering anything, or software that damages their phones.
How to pick a good unlocking service? Of course we would like you to buy our solution. ;-) But if your still doubting we do have some advise for you how to separate the good from the bad.
The Bad:- Bad designed Website, often existing of only one page.
- No contact form on the site ( Always contact a service before you sign up)
- Not listed or very badly listed in Google.
- Negative feedback ( do a search on the URL in Google before you buy).
- No FAQ ( Frequently asked questions) on their site.
- Unknown secure payment processor.
The Good:- More then a "One page design" type of Website
- A contact form on the site, ( Always Contact a service before you sign up)
- Top Listing in Google ( Google actually filters out many 'bad' Website).
- Good & positive feedback on forums, blogs, etc.
- A decent FAQ that answers most common questions.
- PayPal payments are preferred, as PayPal offers buyer protection.